Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lemon Basil Pasta


Lemon Basil Pasta
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
Makes 4 Servings

10 oz. linguine
1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
½ of a lemon
2 ½ tbsp olive oil
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tsp minced garlic

Cook pasta according to package instructions. Add beans for the last two minutes of cooking time. Remove ½ cup cooking liquid and set aside. Drain pasta and beans. Meanwhile, finely shred peel from the lemon half. In food processor or blender, combine lemon peel, basil, garlic, olive oil, juice from lemon half, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Process until smooth. Add reserved cooking liquid, 1 tbsp at a time, until desired consistency (I used 3 tbsp). Toss lemon-basil mixture with pasta mixture.

Nutritional Information: 409 calories, 71 carbs, 10 fat grams and 15 protein grams.

Review: I liked this but didn't love it. I think with this one I just really missed the meat and that made me sad. It was great hot, but not as good reheated. I don't hate it or anything, I just would give it a 3/5. I normally don't post my 3/5 recipes, but I LOVE the idea of a bean pasta and want to work with this one to hopefully like it more. Any ideas?!

No comments: