Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easy Ham & Cheese Breakfast Pockets


Easy Ham & Cheese Breakfast Pockets
Makes 4 Servings

1 can reduced fat crescent rolls
1 9 oz. container deli ham, thin, divided
2 oz. cabot cheese, sliced and divided
1 jalapeno, finely diced
1 tbsp egg substitute

Preheat oven to 375. Spread out a sheet of wax paper, and open crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. Press down on crescent rectangle (2 triangles) to make larger rectangle. Press jalapeno pieces into dough, then add 1/4 of the ham on one side. Roll halfway, then and ½ oz. cheese. Finish rolling and repeat process with remaining three. Add to cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush egg substitute on top of each. Cook for 12-14 minutes until top is golden brown.

Nutritional Information: 279 calories, 25 carbs, 11 fat grams and 19 protein grams.

Review: Um, yum! Huge fan of these little guys. Loved how easy they were to put together -I had everything on hand and it just sounded good, so I whipped it up in under 10 minutes. They were also pretty - and the ham made them juicy which made them taste bad for you. Love that! I also liked how well the cheese melted in the crescent. I will definitely be making these again, and have no doubt they will reheat well! I would suggest serving them with a side of fruit to add some sweet and some color. I would do strawberries & pineapples!

Note: If you prefer, you can make 8 smaller ones instead of 4 bigger ones. I think it's easier to do 4 big ones, but it's all what you prefer! Also, if you wanted to add turkey bacon or more cheese to up the calories I think there is room for it, just be careful about upping the fat more than it is!

8 comments:

Tami@NutmegNotebook said...

Those look delicious! I would love to know how they reheat so I hope you will do a follow up and let us know.

I really struggle with what to eat for breakfast and I would so eat one of these!

Christina said...

ahh these look so good. ham + cheese is one of the best combos ever. and in a crescent roll? yessss

Nicole said...

These look delicious. Great for something different for breakfast.
Thank you for sharing.

Sarah said...

Yum, yum, yum!! I love how you just whipped these up - you are amazing!!

Come check out my new blog: The House That Ag Built

fittingbackin said...

They reheated well - yay! I did reheat them on 50% power for 1 minuted, then full power for 20 seconds.

Thanks you guys - I hope you try it and enjoy and Sarah, thanks for the link!

Pam said...

What a fun and tasty breakfast.

erica said...

wow this looks absolutely amazing I definitely need to give it a try! Yum!

xo

fittingbackin said...

Thanks you guys! They really are so easy - and you could make them your own with turkey or different cheese, spinach, etc.