Friday, November 19, 2010

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna

Inspired by an allrecipes.com recipe
Makes 6 Servings

12 barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
24 oz. chicken, cooked in a bit of salt and pepper
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach
1 15-oz. jar Light Ragu alfredo sauce
496 grams fat-free ricotta cheese
100 grams Trader Joe’s Fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain. In a medium bowl, combine chicken and half the jar of alfredo sauce, stir together. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta and drained, cooked spinach, and stir. In a 9 x 13 baking dish, place one layer of lasagna noodles, edges overlapping. Pour chicken/alfredo mixture over noodle layer and spread evenly. Top with another layer of noodles. Spread spinach mixture evenly over noodles. Pour remaining alfredo sauce over spinach mixture, spread evenly. Lay on the final noodle layer and top with mozzarella and salt and pepper to taste. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until top is brown and bubbly.

Nutritional Information: 431 calories, 34 carbs, 11 fat grams and 45 protein grams.

Review: Yum!! I really liked this! Next time I'll add a bit of nutmeg but other than that it's a keeper! I'm glad I was able to find lower-calorie sauce - I had missed my alfredo. :) I'll definitely try some more recipes with this light sauce! And can I tell you how much i'm loving no-bake lasagna noodles? Talk about easy peasy!

No comments: