- I rarely create my own recipes from scratch- most are inspired by fabulous bloggers like For the Love of Cooking, Real Mom Kitchen and Aggie's Kitchen. Or from sites like cookinglight.com. And of course I also get recipe ideas from my friends, co-workers, etc.
- I find a recipe I want to make, and then get to work in Sparkpeople finding a way to tweak it to be filling but calorie-conscious. Sometimes this involves using fat-free ingredients, reducing the portion size, adding servings, etc. I also sometimes take out ingredients we don't like (i.e. peas) or add in ones we love (i.e. mushrooms). I aim for meals between 300 and 500 calories (most are around 400 or 450). I post nutritionals including calories, carbs, fat grams and protein grams.
- Then I make the recipe, take a picture (if I can remember!), and post it on my main blog. Now i'll post it here as well, making it much easier to find what you're looking for with the categories and tags on the sidebars, and in the recipe index.
I'm so excited to get started. Next up for this blog?
- Recook the recipes that are missing pictures and post them.
- Finish the 'Products I Use' section.
- Add many, many more meal plans. I only have two so far.
- Make more recipes of course, and potentially foray into more desserts, side dishes, snacks appetizers and more!
If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions please email me at email@example.com.