Thursday, November 18, 2010

Slowcooker Chicken Mac and Cheese


Slowcooker Chicken Mac and Cheese
Inspired by About.com
Makes 4 Servings

1 pound chicken
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
1 can fat-free cream of chicken soup
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
8 oz. Macaroni

Rinse chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix undiluted soup and pour over chicken in a Crock Pot. Cook on high 3 hours. After three hours, remove chicken, shred it, and add in noodles. Cook on high for 20 minutes until noodles soften.

Nutritional Information: 437 calories, 56 carbs, 7 fat grams and 36 protein grams.

Review: We both REALLY liked this one. I liked that it wasn't soupy but was very flavorful. It reminded me a bit of bacon ranch slowcooker chicken, except more on the cheesy side. I definitely liked the shredded chicken and it was fun cooking the noodles in the slowcooker, rather than separate. This recipe will be made again - probably soon!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I don't remember exactly how I came across your site, but I'm loving the looks of your recipes!

I bought all the ingredients and am making this tonight! :) Thanks for sharing!

Austin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.