Saturday, November 20, 2010

Curried Tuna Pitas

Curried Tuna Pitas
Recipe from Cooking Light
Makes 1 Serving

3 oz. drained water-packed chunk light tuna (1 can)
1.5 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
½ tsp curry powder
1 tbsp celery, finely diced
2 tbsp sliced almonds (14 grams), diced
1 pita pocket cut at top (removes ¼ of it)!

Combine mayonnaise and curry powder. Stir, then add celery and almonds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired, then stuff into pita. Serve.

Nutritional Information: Each pita has 271 calories, 24 carbs, 9 fat grams and 17 protein grams.

Review: You could easily cut this back by only using 7 grams almonds (what the recipe called for!), or you could beef it up some by adding more celery, lettuce, tomato, etc. I liked it how it was though – nom nom nom. I’ll be making it again – too easy not too! Oh – you should know that it called for ½ tsp of celery seed but I couldn’t find that spice to save my life (could have SWORN I had it).

No comments: